Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog last two nights has been panting and very

Customer Question

hi, my dog for the last two nights has been panting and very clingy. He woke me up two nights ago as he was standing on my stomach. This is very strange behavior for him. He is a little over 14 years old. Last night he was panting, clingy and I noticed his heart seemed to be racing.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Strange behavior is often perplexing. I'm sure the Veterinarian can help you. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Clover
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Clover?
Customer: I don't think so. He seems fine other than that. Actually, he appears to be peeing a bit more as well. He has been diagnosed with a kidney stone about 3 years ago, but the vet was able to push it into his abdomen.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Has your pet been on a diet that helps to dissolve stones? 2) When were x-rays last taken of his bladder/abdomen?3) Still eating and drinking normally? 4) Urinating and defecating normally?