Lisa, Certified Vet Tech
Experience:  AAS Vet Tech. Bully breed rehab & Behavior modification

She got into old insulation and now she isn't opening her eyes

Customer Question

She got into old insulation and now she isn't opening her eyes and when she does they look cloudy ...we've been flushing her eyes out with dog eye solution....I don't what else to do I can't afford a vet at this time
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Spazz 9 years old red nose Colby pit bull
JA: How old is Spazz 9 Years Old Red Nose Colby Pit Bull?
Customer: She's 9 years old
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Spazz 9 Years Old Red Nose Colby Pit Bull?
Customer: Nothing I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 6 months ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you.How long has this been going on?Does she have tears coming from those eyes?Any discharge?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's been like this since yesterday morning.....her eyes are watering a little bit but not a lot.....we have been flushing her eyes with dog eye solution ......when she opens her eyes they both look very cloudy
Expert:  Lisa replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the additional information, I really appreciate it.The thing we worry about when a dog gets into insulation is that most of them are made with fiberglass, which is, of course, irritating and can actually cause lacerations on the surface of the eye, which is what it sounds like may be going on with your dog.Rinsing the eye doesn't do any good, and you can actually be making things worse by adding this product to eyes that are damaged. Your dog absolutely, positively needs to be seen b y a vet for treatment before she completely loses her eyesight.I understand that you(like so many other people) are in a hard financial spot right now. There are some organizations that might be able to help. If you'll follow these links: ,, you'll find dozens and dozens of organizations that may be able to help pay for you to take your dog to the vet. Also, there are some clinics who offer free exams and other treatments and require that you only pay for medications. If you'll follow this link: , you can see if there is one in your area.I hope this helps.