Dr. Loretta
Dr. Loretta, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  25 years of experience in large and small animal medicine.
16881297

My dog is acting strange and trembling won't go to bed or let

Customer Question

My dog is acting strange and trembling won't go to bed or let me out of site not eating
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Brock he is 6
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Brock?
Customer: No never had a problem with him except the occasional ear infections
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Loretta replied 7 months ago.
Good Morning and welcome! I am Dr. Loretta, a licensed veterinarian and I am happy to answer your question.There are 2 possibilities for Brock's condition. One is that he has a minor digestive disturbance that is cauisng him so much pain that he does not want to move or eat. Usually, however, this also comes with some vomiting and/or diarrhea. This could also be due to an unstable disc in his neck or back. This causes such severe pain that he will feel very insecure and not want to move because of the pain and tremble because of this. If Brock is not showing any digestive signs, then this may be a disc or arthritis issue. This is treated with aspirin at 5 mg per pound every 12 hrs to decrease the inflammation and pain. This must be given with food so you may have to force feed him some liquified canned dog food prior to giving the aspirin. If he does not respond to this, take him to your vet for an exam to be sure we have not missed something. IN the meantime, make sure that he remains immobile as possible to stabilize this disc. Does that make sense to you? Please let me know if you have ANY other questions. My goal is to give you 100% satisfaction and if you are not yet satisfied, please REPLY so I can clarify for you. Sincerely, ***** *****