PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

So sad, my Pekingese has surgery in January CA.

Customer Question

So sad, my Pekingese has surgery in January for Mammary CA. They said it was carcinoma. Yesterday I noticed a lump almost peanut size at the end of her incision. I don't kow if its worth another surgery. It came back so quickly.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi JACUSTOMER. Do you have a picture of this lump?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hold on. Trying to send it to the computer from my phone
Sure thing, no rush. I'm standing by.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
here it is
Darn. It looks like you're right. I would be concerned that this is, indeed, a recurrence. Aggressive cancers like this can come back time and again and often it becomes a real problem to determine if or when to remove the masses. This one is relatively small so I would use the following days to gauge it's growth. Mark on her skin with a sharpie to see how rapid the growth is, or use this picture as a reference point.Unfortunately, for many cancers, no matter how many times we remove them they still come back. This can be expected from more aggressive cancers. I, personally, would wait until the mass were larger and needed to he removed before putting her under at the risk of anesthesia. More may develop during this time, as well, making the procedure a more necessary one.I am so sorry to be the bearer of bad news in this case.Once you are satisfied with our dialogue please use the rating system at the top of the page so that I am compensated for helping you today.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 5 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Checking in to see how you and Ziva are doing.