Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

German Shepherd male is not eating, very lethargic, snoring

Customer Question

German Shepherd male is not eating, very lethargic, snoring sounds when breathing (which isn't like him). Two weeks ago he vomited and had some diarrhea but then bounced back a day later. Two nights ago he vomited again and since then has had little interest in food. He has continued drinking but tonight he's seemed really off. Doesn't want to leave his bed this evening.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: He's 8 years old. My son is at work (an ER). The vet clinics available on weekends are very few in our area; my son is planning to take him in tomorrow morning.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Have there been any changes in foods? 2) Any new treats? 3) Any human food?4) Is he on any medications?