Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

She threw up this am and has now had diiareah

Customer Question

JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: 10 yr old Snauzer has thrown up realy this am and now at 2:30pm has had diarreah! She was fine yesterday but will not eat nor drink!
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: She is usually very cheerful and happy!
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about the dog?
Customer: She is up on all of her shots and has had flea and tick medication applied to her back!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years. I would love to assist you.Can you tell me what her diet is and brand food?Did she eat any people food?Cough she have gotten into something she should not have?When did she have the topical flea treatment applied? was it recent?Joan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already entered my credit card number for full amount you required!
I have not received an answer and my dog Gretchen is always a very happy wag tail from right to left! But I need an answer
If she are something she should not have eaten it had to have been eaten from the yard, but nothing is in the yard for her to eat, only grass! Bileach99
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I need an answer and please send printed answer in larger print! Thanks!
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.
I have been waiting for a response to my questions.We can help her by fasting for 24 hours. Please give 1/4 of a Pepcid AC 10mgs, to help settle her stomach. You can add Pedialyte to the water she drinks along with salt free chicken broth. We want her stomach to rest. Once you star to feed please give a table sppon full of Canned Pumpkin along with 1 part boiled chicken Breast to 3 parts white Rice. This is a bland diet and should help resolve the Diarrhea.Since we do not know the cause we treat as gastrointestinal distress if it gets worse, then she will need to see the Vet. In most cases this is self resolving in a day or two with the rested stomach and Bland diet.Joan
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
She had flea tick medication applied to her back yesterday! She might have gotten a bite of food that had fallen to the floor! Basically she only gets dog food a vitamin and chews to clean her teeth! She occasionally gets 1 more dog treat Her brand of dog food is RachaelRAY Nutrish Zero Grsin Turkey & Potato Receipe
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
When can I get an answer. It has been an hour since I sent in my dogs symptoms and have entered my credit card payment 45 minutes ago!
I cannot read what might be the answer as the print was too small to read on left side of page!
I need an answer as I need to know if I should take her to the vet hospital here, b/4 closing time!
Please send a response!
I have paid the $24 or $26 fee by credit card what else can I do to hurry up this process!
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.
We can help her by fasting for 24 hours. Please give 1/4 of a Pepcid AC 10mgs, to help settle her stomach. You can add Pedialyte to the water she drinks along with salt free chicken broth. We want her stomach to rest. Once you star to feed please give a table sppon full of Canned Pumpkin along with 1 part boiled chicken Breast to 3 parts white Rice. This is a bland diet and should help resolve the Diarrhea.Since we do not know the cause we treat as gastrointestinal distress if it gets worse, then she will need to see the Vet. In most cases this is self resolving in a day or two with the rested stomach and Bland diet.
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Joan