Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have 2 westie pups 13 weeks old, Russ and Oscar. I collected

Customer Question

Hi, i have 2 westie pups 13 weeks old, Russ and Oscar. I collected them at 10 weeks. The following day after collection I had their 1st injections and examined by my local vet surgery. A few days later I noticed white milky spots in Russ's urine and called the surgery. They suggested I bring the him down and they would check him over. After taking his temperature it was decided a course of antibiotics and an injection. His temp was higher than normal and he didn't have the same energy level. 24 hours he was back to normal. The day before I was due to get their 2nd injection I noticed similar in Oscar's urine. As I was visiting the vet the next day I decided I would mention it then. This was a different vet from the last one who treated Russ on this visit. After explaining that Oscar had now developed the same symptoms I was surprised by his reply. "I have been a vet for over 20 years and never seen white milky spots in a pups urine." He suggested the injections were more important at this point and suggested I keep an eye on him. I haven't noticed white in his urine since and he seems perfectly healthy. This morning I noticed that the white substance had reappeared in Russ's urine and there was quite a lot. I have taken a picture of this and can forward it to you.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about The?
Customer: No, I am just a little concerned there is some form of infection.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today.1) Please do attach the picture. It'll permit me to see what you're seeing.2) Has a urinalysis been performed?3) Has your vet talked to you about a urine culture? Was one performed?4) What antibiotic was used for the boys?5) Is everything else normal? Eating? Drinking? Urinating and defecating?