Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Puppy will start dry heaving the like cough like something

Customer Question

Puppy will start dry heaving the like cough like something stuck in mouth then he will be fine for a bit then do it again
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Coughing can be worrying. The Veterinarian will know what you should do. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Oscar
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Oscar?
Customer: He is 13 weeks old
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you have a video of the episodes? 2) Has your puppy been boarded, groomed, visited a dog part or doggy daycare in the last 21 days? 3) Still eating and drinking? 4) Any vomiting? 5) Is he pawing at his face?