Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues

Our dog licked ant bait, but the case wasn't chewed. She's

Customer Question

Our dog licked ant bait, but the case wasn't chewed. She's only 7 lbs and I'm really concerned. We no longer have the box to identify the ingredients. What do you advise? Thanks.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: No. She's pretty healthy. She is allergic to the rabies vaccine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.Did she ingest any of the plastic?Is it one of the ant baits you buy ar the grocery store or bix box stores?Joan
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,I am very familiar with Ant Traps and have checked the MSDS sheets. contents if ingested will not cause poisoning to pets. We have found they are low toxicity and do not carry any ill effects for dogs. There is a large margin of safety in the use of these ant traps.In fact the plastic does more harm than the bait inside the trap if a large amount of the plastic was ingested. In this case it does not sound like it would be an issue.I would still monitor your dog for any gastrointestinal upset and follow up with your Vet.If there is any problems with her stomach, you can start a bland diet of boiled skinless chicken breast and white rice for a couple of days to keep the stomach rested. Ruby should be fine.JoanPlease note, your Deposit doesn't constitute a payment to your Expert. Please be sure to rate Only SMILEY FACES or 5 Stars for a Satisfactory answer or ask for more help by hitting reply.
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?
Expert:  Joan replied 5 months ago.
How is your dog doing since we last talked? Please send me an update.Joan