Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience
55012488

Ate the flower part of some tulips. Will they get sick JA:

Customer Question

ate the flower part of some tulips. Will they get sick
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: There are 4 dogs. I dont know which one ate them are all? I dont know what to watch for
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about the dog?
Customer: One of them has liver issues and seizures
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 7 months ago.
The bulbs of the tulip plant contain most of the tulipanin - the toxic principle which can cause vomiting, depression, diarrhea, and hypersalivation. You might see transient gastrointestinal distress - inappetence, vomiting and/or diarrhea - from ingesting the flowers but significant toxicity isn't expected. Please respond with further questions or concerns if you wish.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?