Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My 12 year old Irish Setter has diahrea with blood in it.

Customer Question

My 12 year old Irish Setter has diahrea with blood in it. He has always been caged at night and now at least three times a week or more has diahrea in his cage also has many tumors I can feel on his body?
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi Mike, thanks for your question. I'm sorry to hear that you're having concerns with Copper. Can you tell me a little more? 1) Does he seem to have problems no matter what diet is used? 2) How often are you changing foods? 3) Have you had any luck with bland diets? 4) How is the stool regularly? Is it always diarrhea and he's just having accidents 3x a week or is it always solid? 5) Does your boy exhibit anxious behavior or is he a relaxed dog? 6) What food is he on currently? What's been tried?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He has this problem no matter what food. He never gets fed off the table only dog food. Nature recipe. Vegetarian.
He seems to get sick just about every other day. His weight is almost perfect for his size.
Thank for the additional information, Mike. Have you tried a bland diet in the past or something with limited ingredients to see if he might be having problems with an ingredient in his food?