PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I just now clipped my do's ingrown dew claw and cut it too

Customer Question

I just now clipped my do's ingrown dew claw and cut it too short, resultin in consderable blled. Can I yse an antibiotic ointment containing bacitracin, polymyxin B sulfate, neomycin and praxoline hyrochloride to treat it?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Is the dog bleeding a lot?
Customer: He bled quite a bit when I first cut it, and my wife now has him out for his evening walk.
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: His name is ***** ***** he is 13 1/2 years old and is an insulin dependent diabetic.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He had blocked bile ducts abut four years ago and take pepcid, ursodial, metroniazole daily.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today.The antibiotic ointment should work just fine. Be sure that he doesn't lick it or he may cause himself more problems than would be expected from not using an ointment. If you need to use an e-collar, here are directions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFWPH17u0eUIf you don't already have one, you might consider buying a solution to stop the bleeding. Here's the one we use in vet med for these nail quicks because, as you saw, sometimes this does happen. http://www.allivet.com/p-884-kwik-stop-styptic-powder-42gm.aspx?gclid=CjwKEAjw9OG4BRDJzY3jrMng4iQSJABddor1q-gosDWlbEIcQChx0GZWm34fJj4DwbcKWKgGq2JN8xoCMZXw_wcB Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion?Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.