How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PitRottMommy Your Own Question
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 4528
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164
Type Your Dog Question Here...
PitRottMommy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Our 25 pound Pembroke Corgi dog just ate about 100 Flintstone

Customer Question

Our 25 pound Pembroke Corgi dog just ate about 100 Flintstone gummy vitamins. There is no xylitol in them, and there doesn't seem to be any iron listed at all.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hi JACustomer, thanks for your question. When it comes to vitamin ingestions, we have to worry about Vitamin D and vitamin A. More info: http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/toxicity/c_dg_vitamin_d_toxicityMore info: https://www.vetinfo.com/vitamin-a-toxicity-in-dogs.htmlIf these chewable contain A and D vitamins, I would recommend inducing vomiting. She's consumed enough of them where there may be a major GI upset and toxicity as well. Here are the directions in which to do this: http://www.sunrisepetclinicaz.com/vomiting.html Make sure to use a fresh bottle of peroxide. If she has vomiting induced within an hour of so of ingestion, you shouldn't have much to worry about. However, it would not be a bad idea to keep a very close eye on her for the next 3-5 days and certainly schedule an exam if you see abnormal symptoms. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion?Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We aren't sure when he ingested these. It could have been hours ago, or it could have been sometime within the last couple of hours (it happened overnight, and we found it this morning)
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
I apologize for the confusion. When I read that he had "just eaten about 100 Flintstone gummies", I assumed that meant that he'd just ingested them a few minutes prior. It would still be worthwhile to induce vomiting. It would not be a bad idea, because timing cannot be established, to opt to take him to the vet's office today so that they can induce vomiting, administer activated charcoal to keep him from absorbing the vitamins, etc. Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hi,

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy