Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Our 18 mo. old dog is drooling and lethargic and acting like

Customer Question

Our 18 mo. old dog is drooling and lethargic and acting like she is drunk. My son says that the only thing she might have gotten into is some food debris that might be fermented.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30+ years.How long ago did she get into the fermented food?Is she vomiting?Any diarrhea?Could she have gotten into antifreeze?Have you checked in here ears to see if they are red?Any head tilt?Joan
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She is coming around some now. My son thinks it may have been a heat stroke. She is super hyper and played hard in the yard for a few hours. I will take her to her vet tomorrow. Thank you!
Expert:  Joan replied 6 months ago.
Can you please take her temperature and let me know what it is? The Drooling is a sign of nausea. Heat can be very dangerous.Joan