PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My westie pups has been stung on her paws and is in pain

Customer Question

Hi my westie pups has been stung on her paws and is in pain and discomfort .is there anything i can use ?took her on a walk at 6 this evening and she is still suffering
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It was stinging nettles and she just wants to be on her on atm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hi, Jacustomer. Do you know what stung her?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Stinging nettles
There are two medications which may help with her discomfort, assuming she's not taking other medications.The first is benadryl. It can be dosed at 1mg/pound of body weight every 8 hours by mouth.The other is aspirin, which is based on weight. You can use the chart here to determine how much she needs: http://www.veterinaryplace.com/dog-medicine/aspirin-for-dogs/If she is not greatly improved by morning, I would recommend taking her to see your vet for some stronger medication for her discomfort.Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion?Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy