Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My 12 pound dog had diarrhea Sunday during the night and since

Customer Question

My 12 pound dog had diarrhea Sunday during the night and since then has eaten little and won't drink water. He has not pooped either. On walks he eats grass.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Romeo - just adopted 3 wks ago; he is 7 and was doing really well except is hard to find a food he will stick with.
JA: Is there anything else the Veterinarian should be aware of about Romeo?
Customer: Don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion? Romeo been fed any human food? Has he had any change in diet recently? Any new treats? Does he have a history of chewing up toys?