How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask PitRottMommy Your Own Question
PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Category: Dog
Satisfied Customers: 6761
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164
Type Your Dog Question Here...
PitRottMommy is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

And regarding a dog that ate my bottle of adderall

Customer Question

***** ***** and regarding a dog that ate my bottle of adderall quick release
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is 80lbs at least and I made her vomit but she was already hyperactive
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
How long after she had ingested the medication did you induce vomiting? How long ago was this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I did induce vomiting it was about 3hrs ago. I think she ingested it about 20 min before
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Her hyperactivity has slowed down but she won't eat or drink anything
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
what stength were the tablets? Do you know how many were present in the bottle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20 and they were rapid release 10mg tablets.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
One of the biggest concerns we have with an ingestion like this one is the heightened risk of hyperactivity, as you're seeing, and cardiac arrhythmia. Anytime an ingestion over 1mg/kg occurs, significant symptoms can be seen. At 80#, your girl is around 37kg. Which means she would need no more than 37mg to see signs and she's had 200mg. For this reason, I would recommend taking her to a veterinary clinic that can observe her for the next 24-72 hours for complications from the consumption. Although the hyperactivity may not cause her any major problems, cardiac arrhythmias can be life-threatening in some pets. Did my response help to answer all of the questions that you had regarding your companion? Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
More info available here: http://www.petmd.com/dog/conditions/poisoning-toxicity/c_dg_amphetamine_poisoning_in_dogs

Related Dog Questions