Rebecca, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  More than 30 years of companion animal practice.

My name is ***** *****. I gave my dog, 40 pound frenchie, a

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I gave my dog, 40 pound frenchie, a full 60 mg tablet of Cerenia. Was only supposed to give him half. Should I be concerned?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Gave the dog a full 60 mg tablet of Cerenia when I was supposed to give him half. He weighs 40 pounds.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I am sorry to hear you are worried about your Frenchie. My name is Rebecca. I am a veterinarian with Just Answer. So, he got about 3 mg per kilogram of body weight of Cerenia. We calculate all drug doses and overdoses in mg per kg. The safe dose of Cerenia by mouth is up to 4 mg per kg, so you should not be worried about side effects. Just do not give it again for 24 hours. Let me know if this is helpful. I just came online and saw your question; I am sorry you did not get help from an expert before now.
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.
I hope you were able to see what I wrote! Can I help with anything else? Was this helpful?
Expert:  Rebecca replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?