Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog has done this three nights in a row. He eats

Customer Question

Hello, my dog has done this three nights in a row. He eats at around 5-8, usually takes him awhile to finish his bowl and then around 10 he throws up orange vomit.
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: Just his regular dog food, nothing unusual
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Otis and he is 9 months old
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Otis?
Customer: He has no diarrhea and is acting playful as always. Nothing is wrong but the random throw up.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for the question. Hopefully this is just some mild GI upset or gastric reflux. In that case, you could give an antacid to help with the signs. I usually go with Pepcid (Famotidine). The dose in dogs is 0.25 mg per lb body weight. You can give it every 12-24 hours, as needed. If the Pepcid doesn't help, then I would get him seen. I would want to rule out Parvo, intestinal parasites and congenital conditions with the gut.I hope this helps, let me knwo if you have any other questions.
Expert:  Dr. Gary replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?