Candy, Veterinary Technician
Experience:  Practicing Veterinary Technician for 26 years.Former Veterinary Practice Owner, Technician Trainer

Toby, an eight year old toy poodle has cushings. Should I

Customer Question

Toby, an eight year old toy poodle has cushings. Should I limit his water and food intake?
JA: IÂ’m sorry to hear that. What is the toy poodle's name?
Customer: Toby
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Veterinarian should know about Toby?
Customer: He has every cushings symptom and I want to try to treat him holistically as I cannot afford all the tests and expensive meds
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Candy replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I am sorry to hear your boy has Cushings. My name is ***** ***** I have been a veterinary nurse for 27 years, I also have 2 Cushings dogs that I treat holistically. If you want to try a holistic approach I would suggest looking at the Melatonin and Lignan approach. It has worked great for my dogs.I am going to give you two articles to go over regarding this treatmentLink 1Link 2 Never with hold water but you do want to be careful that he does not over eat causing obesity. The Cushings causes them to be hungry all the time but go by the feeding guide lines on what ever food you feed. What you can do is give things like baby carrots or fresh green beans to snack on. I hope this helps. Please reply back if you have additional questions and I will be happy to continue. If you have no additional questions please take a few minutes to provide a rating so that I am compensated by justanswer for assisting you.Candy
Expert:  Candy replied 6 months ago.
I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?