Joan
Joan, Vet Tech
Experience:  Vet Tech for over 35+ years working w/Dogs/Rescues
5071285

We have an 12 month old chocolate lab and everyday when she

Customer Question

we have an 12 month old chocolate lab and everyday when she poops
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sorry I diidn't mean to end there. so usually her first poop of the morning is fine but always the second one is a strain and crumbly and dry and then if she goes again later in the day it is too moist. she ate the stuffing in her bed about 3 weeks ago and was sick throwing up tons of the stuffing , we took her to a vet but they felt she was fine do you think she could have a blockage?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Joan replied 7 months ago.
Hello,My name is ***** ***** I have been a Vet tech for 30 Plus years. I would love to assist you. We see this a lot with dogs who are not drinking enough or their dietary fiber intake may be off. Ony an X ray could diagnose a blockage, so if it does keep on that would be the next logical step for diagnosis. What I would try is introducing some Canned Pumpkin not pie filling into the diet. You can try a couple of table spoons once a day with her food and see if this helps. Canned Pumpking is a high fiber food and great to help regulating the stools in pets. We use it quite often for stool problems. I would also make sure your dog is also drinking water. This should help with problems you are seeing. As I suggested if it continues, an X ray would be the next step.Joan