Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My dog had acupuncture last week and slid down a half of the

Customer Question

My dog had acupuncture last week and slid down a half of the stairs in our house she has swelling in her ankles and her stomach feels hard she is eating and drinking normally she doesn't want to walk very far which is understandable my main concern is the stomach feeling hard she is not showing signs of discomfort no excessive drooling she has been sleeping okay eating etc
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: She is 11 years old a Saint Bernard has arthritis and weakness in her rear legs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Good morning, JACustomer. Thanks for your question.Can you tell me more information?1) When did the hard stomach feeling start?2) Are you seeing any changes in her appetite?3) Any excessive panting?4) Any vomiting or diarrhea?5) Has anyone addressed why her ankles are swollen (I ask because it may be related).6) Any history of other problems aside from those within her joints? Thyroid problems? Heart issues? Cancer?7) Has she had x-rays performed on her hips, spine and rear legs?