PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

I have a 9 year old weimaraner. last 6 hours he has

Customer Question

I have a 9 year old weimaraner. For the last 6 hours he has shown signs of a uti--- keeps trying to pee but can only produce drips. He is crying to go out non stop--- and he has drank a lot pf water and still has not had a good pee.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Unlike urinary tract infections in the past... This time he is barely able to produce urine at all for the last 6 hours yet keeps barking to go out and trying to pee with no success. How can i tell if it is a uti or if there is a bladder obstruction?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi, JaCustomer. Thanks for your question. Because this has been happening for the last 6 hours and because he's not producing a lot of urine, I would go directly to the ER this evening with the expectation that he may be blocked. If you need help finding an ER vet that can see him this evening, please reply with your city, state and zip code.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thats the problem... There is no 24 hour ER here. Zip code is 29501 florence, sc
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is 4am where i am
That surely looks to be the case. The closest one that I found is 60 miles away. Animal Emergency Hospital of the StrandAddress303-1 Hwy 15Myrtle Beach, SC 29577PhoneMain:(###) ###-####ax: 843-444-077If you have no other choice, he will have to wait until morning but will most certainly need to be promptly seen. Because it is a Saturday, they may need to refer you to a different hospital for emergency surgery, depending on how bad the situation is. For this reason, I would call them immediately upon them opening so you have the best shot at being able to make plans without traveling an hour away from home.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?