Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My name is ***** ***** my issue is regarding my dogs ear JA:

Customer Question

My name is ***** ***** my issue is regarding my dogs ear
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes its only in the right ear it has a discharge with odor that is black .I clean it and it just comes back .She is shaking her head and seems to itch.Now its bleeding but seems like its from scratching .Is it ear mites or yeast infection ?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi, JACustomer. Thanks for your question. 1) Can you provide a picture of this area, primarily the discharge? 2) When you rub her ear, does she scratch the ear with a rear foot? 3) What breed of dog is she? 4) How long have you had her? 5) Does cause both ears problems or just one?