Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Everyone in my house just got over a virus and I think my puppy

Customer Question

everyone in my house just got over a virus and I think my puppy has it he has had his shots and yesterday he was fine played outside all day and this morning he is throwing up diaharri and has a fever
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did your puppy eat anything unusual?
Customer: i don't kno wthats what I'm thinking he got into something he shouldn't have
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: dolph
JA: Forgive me, but I'm not following. One more time, please?
Customer: Doplh
JA: So sorry, but I missed that. One more time?
Customer: Dolph
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 9 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Was it the people in the house that are getting over a virus? 2) How old is Dolph? 3) When was Dolph last vaccinated? 4) How long have you had him? 5) Any recent visits to petsmart, dog parks, etc? 6) What is his temperature? 7) Any blood in the vomit or diarrhea? 8) When was his last fecal exam? 9) Any history of chewing up toys? Eating human food? Any recent change in diet?