Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Lethargic and having trouble moving JA: I'm sorry to hear

Customer Question

Lethargic and having trouble moving
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Could be a lot of things that cause lethargy. The Veterinarian will know how to help the dog. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Stimpy...he is 14..miniature dachshund
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: He has had Lyme disease before
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion? 1) What is Stimpy having difficulty moving? Any particular body part? 2) When did this begin? 3) Still eating and drinking? 4) Any pain?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
He is having trouble with back legs.began today and he isn't eating and whimpering alot when he moves
Do you have a video of him trying to walk? Does he have any past history with spinal problems?