Dr. John
Dr. John, Texas Veterinarian
Experience:  Over 14 years of clinical veterinary experience
11664588

I think possibly my 5 pound shit zhu ate .025 of xanx

Customer Question

Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.
Hello. Thanks for writing in. My name is***** and I would be happy to help you. That dose of Xanax should be fine for her. 0.025mg is low dose for a dog her size. 0.25mg is high end dose for a dog her size. She may be drowsy and sedate, so I would just keep an eye on her. If she seems overly sedate, like she cannot move or be aroused, or she is vomiting and has lack of appetite; I would get her in to see your vet. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. Hope this helps. My goal is to make sure that you get all your question answered and all the information you need. If you are satisfied with my answer, PLEASE RATE IT. Rating it is the only way I get credit for helping you. If you feel like it is not helpful to you, or if there is more information you need, please respond back to me before rating. Realize that our conversation is not intended to diagnose or treat a condition. There has to be a valid veterinary-client-patient relationship established with an exam, according to law. You should always follow up with your vet.
Expert:  Dr. John replied 7 months ago.
Hi Janet Kell,

I'm just following up on our conversation about Delight. How is everything going?

Dr. John