Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Rhodesian Ridgeback 14 years old anal bleeding

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know what to do about this bleeding. I'll connect you ASAP. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion? 1) Are you seeing blood from stool, the tissue or surrounding the rectum? 2) Any other symptoms? Nausea, vomiting, intestinal cramping?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No other apparent symptoms and minimal blood in stool if any.appears to have tissue that extends from rectum when defeating almost like hemmeroid?in human
Is her stool solid or soft?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Both at times, sometimes it's solid and at other times it's liquid
Am I correct, female? Are you seeing the tissue protrusion regardless of her stool quality? How much tissue would you say you're seeing? dime? quarter? ping pong ball? baseball?
Also, any pictures to share of the tissue you're seeing?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Male nit female
I apologize. Not sure why I presumed him to be female. Is he intact?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I noticed I'm getting charged each time I ask a question so this is done
There should only be one charge for the question.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have a 5 dollar and 14 dollar charge, if I need to take him to a vet then why act like you care can you not just give me a answer of what might be wrong with him
I'll contact customer service for you. If I didn't care, I wouldn't be asking questions trying to assist you. Best of luck with your companion.