Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I think my dog got into some diesel fuel. I had a burn pile

Customer Question

I think my dog got into some diesel fuel. I had a burn pile that I used the fuel to ignite it. I think she was pawing at the ground and ate some of the dirt where the fuel was. I had burnt the pole approx two-three weeks ago and we've had rain and snow so it's not pure fuel. She is vomiting, at first it was black, like dirt and now it's more clear, yellow. Was wondering if there is anything else I should do.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: She acts fine otherwise
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Her name is***** can tell she really doesn't feel good but she is still active and playing
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Lisa replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help you with the question today.So the fuel was dumped on the ground two weeks ago?And the area had already been burnt?Is there any possibility she could have gotten into anything else unusual?Any new foods, treats or people food?