Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog had some diarrhea earlier today and now cannot settle

Customer Question

my dog had some diarrhea earlier today and now cannot settle down and he is breathing/ panting rather rapidly for several hours
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: his name is ***** ***** he is about 9 yrs. old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: he just seems unconformable and cannot settle down and go to sleep
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello & welcome, I am Dr. B, a licensed veterinarian and I would like to help you with your wee one today. What did the diarrhea look like? Any blood?Any vomiting, gagging, or retching?Can you take a breathing rate for me (just count his breaths for 10 seconds + multiply that number by 6)? Are his gums pink or pale/white? Moist or sticky?If you press on his belly,does he have any discomfort, tenderness, or tensing?Could he have eaten something he should not have (ie bones, toys, plants, chemicals, etc)?