Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

My older dachshund is 11, and some of his teeth are falling

Customer Question

Hi, My older dachshund is 11, and some of his teeth are falling out, and I think he has an infection, what can I give him over the counter before his vet appointment?
JA: I'm sorry to hear that.
Customer: Me to. Can I give him aspirin in the mean time?
JA: There are all sorts of infestations the dachshund can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the dachshund's name?
Customer: Thank you, Choco
JA: I think I may have missed something. Could you explain?
Customer: Okay, Choco's teeth have been falling out for some time but today he hasn't eaten much and he seems like his gums hurt.
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Also in between his gum and a tooth there's puss how can I clean that out.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Bruce replied 6 months ago.
Hi. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** Thank you for your question. What is this guy's name? When is his appointment?