Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

Nail on back paw got stuck n blanket and now is sideways instead

Customer Question

Nail on back paw got stuck n blanket and now is sideways instead of straight dog will not put pressure on that paw. Did bleed somewhat but no more blood. This happened 2 days ago
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name?
Customer: Coco
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Has had tiny bit of diarrhea today
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Do you have a clear picture of the foot and nail? 2) Any licking or chewing of the nail/paw?