Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

I have 85 pound Labrador retriever we were walking and he put

Customer Question

I have 85 pound Labrador retriever we were walking and he put something in his mouth I pulled it out he nibbled just a tiny bit it look like a rat poison thing that you put in one of those containers he took a nibble what should I do
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Did you see what the dog ate?
Customer: The most was half of my small fingernail yes I did see it because I pulled it out of his mouth is soon as he picked it up so that was just very little digested
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: The dog seems to be fine he's playing ball he drank a lot of water and he's resting he's just chilling out right now but he looks fine
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was this consumed? 2) He found this when out walking? 3) What color was it?