Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog has several lumps on both side of his neck that has

Customer Question

My dog has several lumps on both side of his neck that has been determined to be lymphoma. ALL of his bloodwork has come back fantastic and nothing is out of range. COULD it be something else - not cancer? He had worn a Seresto collar for about a month before I noticed the lump - which has gotten larger for sure, in the 2 weeks time. He is due to start a chemo drug Elspar with Prednisone tomorrow, but I don't see anything else wrong with this dog. If he starts Chemo and it could be something else, non cancer, what's that going to do to him?
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 10 months ago.
Hi Barb, thanks for your question. Can you tell me how your veterinarian arrived at a diagnosis of lymphoma? Were biopsies taken of these lumps? Also, where are the lumps located? Are they below each ear on the side of his neck or are they under his jaw near the trachea?