Dr. Deb
Dr. Deb, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  I have owned, bred and shown dogs for over 40 years.

She lapped up some ammonia water JA: I'll do all I can to

Customer Question

she lapped up some ammonia water
JA: I'll do all I can to help. What is the matter with the dog?
Customer: I was cleaning and she lapped up a few (3) laps of t50/50 ammonia/water
JA: Where does the dog seem to hurt?
Customer: she is not showing any signs of pain
JA: OK. No obvious pain. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Violet
JA: How old is Violet?
Customer: she is 4.5 years old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: female coton de tulear. 8.5 lbs
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 6 months ago.
Hello, I'm Dr. Deb and will do my best to help you today. I'm sorry for this concern for Violet but happy to reassure you that she's going to be just fine.Cleaning products of this sort rarely cause any issues...certainly, it wouldn't be toxic for her....... especially if they've been diluted. They tend to be irritants and nothing more. She might experience gastrointestinal issues such as drooling (usually within 5 minutes or less) and/or vomiting (usually within 20-30 minutes) but that's about all. I hope this helps to ease your mind about her. Deb I might rinse out her mouth with cool water, though.
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 6 months ago.
Hello again,I'm just following up on Violet. I'm assuming that she's just fine but wanted to double check. Deb
Expert:  Dr. Deb replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Dr. Deb