Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My border collie has been sniffing heavily like a person would

Customer Question

My border collie has been sniffing heavily like a person would with a sinus infection. She's 11 y/o and has a slight murmur but other than that she stays fully vetted. I do a have a video of her doing it.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. There are all sorts of infestations your Border collie can pick up. I'll have you talk to the Veterinarian who'll sort out what is wrong and help you decide what to do about it. What is the Border collie's name?
Customer: Well I'm going to bring her first thing in the morning but I'm worried for tonight
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Her name is appy
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Doc Sara replied 7 months ago.
Hi there, I'm Dr. Sara. I'm a licensed veterinarian who works exclusively with dogs and cats. I'm sorry to hear that your Border Collie is not quite right tonight. I will do my best to help. I would be happy to review a video. The easiest way to share it usually would be to upload it to a video hosting site like YouTube or Vimeo or a file sharing service like DropBox and share the link here. While you are working on that, I'd like to ask a couple of questions:What color are her gums?What is her respiratory rate when she's resting (that's the number of breaths she takes in one minute with IN---OUT counting as one breath)Are you seeing any other signs of illness or is her breathing labored at all?Thanks and I'll await your reply.~Dr. Sara