Dr. Michael Salkin, Veterinarian
Experience:  University of California at Davis graduate veterinarian with 44 years of experience

He's had diarrhea and is now resting by his breathing is

Customer Question

Hi- He's had diarrhea and is now resting by his breathing is labored.... I've never seen our dog do this before. He's been like the for about 30 minutes.
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Winston, he's a Weim and he's 8.
JA: How old is Winston, He Is A Weim And He Is 8.?
Customer: He hasn't eaten anything unusual and had Flea/Tick medicine Sunday, but no issues Sunday or yesterday.
JA: The Veterinarian will know if Winston, He Is A Weim And He Is 8. will be able to digest that. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: No :-)
JA: Sorry, I missed that.
Customer: That's ok.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr. Michael Salkin replied 6 months ago.
Chloe, when did Winston's diarrhea arise? Has his breathing normalized since you first posted? If not, please check his respiratory rate at rest and let me know what you find. He should be taking less than 40 breaths/minute.