PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

My staffy x is 14 female losing weight wobbly on feet think

Customer Question

Hi my staffy x is 14 female losing weight wobbly on feet think she is goig blind and deaf few lumps on her body bit of swelling on back end private parts
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. This sounds like it might be serious. I'll let the Veterinarian know what's going on ASAP. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Just need advise realy
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?How can I best assist you today with your girl?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Just some advise on what the cause could be
At 14 years of age, she's quite old for a staffy. We consider losing weight to be a normal process of age, but we can also see that organ dysfunction like liver compromise, kidney compromise, etc. can cause weight loss. As well, diabetes and other conditions are commonly seen in dogs with weightless. The blindness and deafness may be linked directly to her age, but blindness is also common in diabetic dogs, as well. The lumps on her body may be malignant or benign, but many older bully breeds acquire lipomas (benign fatty tumors) across their entire body. Her genitals may look swollen because of growths or because of muscle wasting in the surrounding muscle bodies. If she's still intact (hasn't been spayed), this can also play a role in swelling. If you're wanting to figure out what might be causing the issues, an exam and blood work would be useful. This is the most likely route to finding answers and determining if there are any solutions available for your girl.If I can answer more questions for you, just let me know. Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today.