Dr Scott Nimmo, Small Animal Veterinarian.
Experience:  BVMS, MRCVS. { Glasgow UK }
10315041

My dog just ate my 30 mg cymbalta capsule JA: I'm sorry to

Customer Question

my dog just ate my 30 mg cymbalta capsule
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: heisman
JA: Would you mind explaining that?
Customer: 5yrs old about 75 pounds. it was a delayed release capsule
JA: What is the dog's name?
Customer: his name is Heisman
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Dr Scott Nimmo replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome, This is just a quick note to let you know that I am locked on to your question and am working on it now. I am a small animal vet with many years experience in treating dogs and rest assured I will do my best to answer your question to your satisfaction today. You can expect a written reply sometime within the next five to ten minutes or so. We also have the option to talk things over by telephone or via an internet service such as Skype. Please get back to me if this is more convenient for you. { There is a small extra charge for phone calls } Regards, *****
Hello again I have worked out an answer for you below ... 1. Good news! : The good thing here is that Heisman is quite a large dog { 75 pounds } and the toxic effects of Cymbalta start at dose rates of around 10 mg per pound of the dog's bodyweight, so clearly your dog is not at any risk and any adverse side effects would be very unlikely. There are no special measures you need take other than just keeping an eye on him. { Expected side effects where dogs have ingested larger quantities could include hyperactivity, tremors, and neurological changes } 2. However I should be available online for you the next four or five hours today so please do not hesitate to get straight back to me in the very unlikely event that Heisman's condition changes in any way or you would like to talk things over with me further I hope I have covered your question fully enough but if you would like further clarification or to talk things over a bit more then I will be on-line for the next hour or so and I will be more than pleased to continue working with you. Regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue, such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Hello again,I am just checking back in to see how Heisman is getting on after our recent dialogue concerning the Cymbalta incident ... Please get back to me and let me know how things are going.Regards,Dr ScottPlease be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Heisman didn't show any symptoms from the cymbalta at all. Thank you for being there anyway! It was well worth the price to know he'd be ok.
Thanks so much for the update, I am so glad Heisman was not affected by this incident... Kindest regards, ***** ***** be kind enough to rate my service to you after we have concluded our dialogue. Such feedback helps me maintain the quality of my answers.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Vet_Answers