Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator
3570977

We think she may have eaten a raid ant bait trap JA: I'm

Customer Question

We think she may have eaten a raid ant bait trap
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Brooklyn, age 9months weight 63lbs
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: She has vomited only once, it looked like her breakfast only, no strange odor, or color
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 11 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. The contents inside is not dangerous to dogs but the trap itself is. Did she actually eat the trap itself and if so was it metal or plastic?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello, any thought as to what I should do?
As I said the content is not toxic to dogs. how much of the actual trap did she eat?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The entire thing is gone. Its approximately 1.5 inches in diameter, but if I know my dog..... It's in pieces now
Thank you. If she ate the whole thing then what you might be seeing is a blockage. A blockage of the intestines would show symptoms of lack of appetite , vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy. The only thing you can do for this is surgery to remove it.
Sometimes the trap is eaten in small enough pieces and pass through but if she is already vomiting then your best bet is to get her to your vet today and save yourself an expensive ER vet visit

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.