Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dogs been sick since Feb 12 got told by vets it was kennel

Customer Question

My dogs been sick since Feb 12 got told by vets it was kennel cough 4 trips to the vet later antibiotics,cough mixture a blood test ext for no results but they only mow tell me it's nor kennel cough. I wanted a x ***** ***** the first day also wanted her to have the vaccination not they refused and said she needs a x ***** ***** first. My dog is only 6 female had a big 37 stitches opp around a year ago she was lucky her chest all bit open from a dog fight.. She is a kelpix lab x staff xcolli Xx ect. She has had a bad cough along time now trying to spit things up she has a skin comdions off and on, rbit she is losing her fer has sores coming up almost like heat rash but round Like Mossi bites after they scab
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Dry skin won't eat or drink properly was a lot worse a week back she has good &bad days she sounds chesty like a person with NAD asthma even can hear her chest soumdimgy bubbly.. She has been wormed and re wormed to make sure Its not that.. However she moved to Vic from tropical qld in December and I have only just been informed that normal worm tablets don't cover tape worm or heart worm. This is a worri because she lived on a island with ticks and mites live wild animals Maybe she has tape or heart worm or even something inturnel wrong with her chest/nek operation last April she had the same opp 3 times hard stitch job they said,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Dog Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went and got some heat worm tablets she was re wormed on 8/4/16 no real inprobment. Is there a certin thing you recomend? Will the tablet cover tape and heart worm.. She also has not one fle living anywhere on her this is strange because would be padantic on flees and ticks she would have the lice combe brush 2 times a day and I would find a tick or flees each day now shes in colder whether and not hot muggy qld heat she has nothing not a thing but flaky skin and sore welts on her lower yut grind aira.. She's not herself tired not eating much at all or drinking but its more her chest and the dry cough with maybe spit or drewly white fome
Expert:  Jane Lefler replied 1 year ago.
Hi JaCustomer, My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient. Is she spayed?If not when was her last heat cycle?How often is she doing this?How long is she doing it for?What have you tried to prevent the behavior?
Hi JaCustomer, My name is ***** ***** I’ve been involved professionally with dogs in the health and behavioral fields for over 18 years. It will be my pleasure to work with you today. In order to supply you with an informed answer, it is necessary for me to collect some additional information from you. When I receive your response or reply, it will likely take me between 30-45 minutes to type up my reply if I am still online when I receive notice that you replied. I hope you can be patient.
What kind of heartworm tablets did you get?Was she tested for heatworms?Was imaging done to check for heart problems?Was a fecal exam done to check for worms?If so, what types did the fecal test show?
MeWhat kind of heartworm tablets did you get?Was she tested for heatworms?Was imaging done to check for heart problems?Was a fecal exam done to check for worms?If so, what types did the fecal test show?