PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

He keep vomiting n whining at his JA: I'm sorry to hear

Customer Question

He keep vomiting n whining at his butt
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully it didn't make a mess. Did the dog eat anything unusual?
Customer: At McDonald they gave him a treat.Dog bone now his vomiting
JA: What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Ruffus His 12 weeks old
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Well i did sprayed my van with roach spray
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was the bone given? 2) When did the vomiting begin? 3) Are you noticing any licking, chewing or dragging of the back end on the carpet? 4) Are you seeing any diarrhea? 5) Did the whining at his rear end begin before or after the bone was given?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
12 oclock.soonafter started vomiting 3 yes his doing all that.4no 5 after
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What show i do
It will take me 10-20 minutes to type out a detailed response for you. You are welcome to wait, if you would like. The website will also generate an email for you once I have responded and you can revisit the chat with a link included in the email. After reading my response, if you have questions, you’re welcome to respond and I will help you further. Otherwise, once you’re satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to rate the assistance you’ve receive from me. This is how I will be compensated for my time.
Anytime that we give a new treats or food source, we risk vomiting and diarrhea (especially in the small breed dogs, those with tender tummies or those who are young). It would not hurt to pull up food and water for a few hours and give a dose of famotidine (pepcid) to help calm his stomach. The dosage is 0.5mg/pound. A 5 pound dog would receive 2.5mg every 12-24 hours, a 10# ***** would receive 5mg every 12-24 hours, etc. This can help settle the stomach. 2 hours following administration, if he has not vomited, start by offering a small amount of his regular food and water. Repeat this every 2 hours for at least 12 hours. If you get through the 12 hours following, he should be well enough to go back to regular food and water intervals. However, if the vomiting persists, you will need to have him examined by your vet and medication started to stop the vomiting. The whining at his back end may be suggestive that he's going to have some diarrhea to follow this ingestion. It can also mean that he's having difficulty with his anal glands. If it does not stop by the time the vomiting has resided, it would be worth having his glands checked by your vet. There's typically a nominal ($20 or so) charge to have these checked and emptied. This is normal, routine maintenance on a dog and many dogs will need their glands checked and expressed every 1-6 months throughout the course of their life. Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today. Best of luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?