Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Le

Customer Question

swelling or mass in right loin
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Some lumps are serious and some aren't. Let's see what the Veterinarian has to say. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Hershey, choc lab mix, 5-6 years of age
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: Mostly that I seemed to just notice it. It isn't palpable in the sense of moving it around, he doesn't seem to be in pain. Kind of like an enlarged muscle. Only not. I might be able to upload a picture.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. If you would rather wait for the Expert you had originally contacted, just let me know. Otherwise, I’ll be happy to assist you today. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) If you're able to upload a picture, that would help. Tinypic.com is also a good place to upload and you can share the link back. 2) Can you describe it's location a bit more specifically? Is it near any limb or spot on his body in particular? 3) Any other masses like this one? 4) How long has it been there/how long did it take to develop?5) Does the dog have any pertinent medical history such as history of injury, obesity, etc?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry we went to our clinic to have checked. Thanks for your help