Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

Hey my dog ate a lot of grass earlier today and has been gagging

Customer Question

Hey my dog ate a lot of grass earlier today and has been gagging and threw up 3 times. Earlier today she has continued to lick a lot and almost hiccup type actions
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if your dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: Catahoula and 3 years 4 months
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) When was her last meal? 2) Have you seen any diarrhea? 3) Any change in diet, new treats or human food given within the last few days? 4) Any pacing, abdominal swelling, "downward dog" position (front end down, back end up) or non-productive retching?