Sally G.
Sally G., Dog Training Consultant
Experience:  Service/assistance dog training/ behavior /obedience/Therapy dog Evaluator/AKC Evaluator

He ate part of a bedspread and now has diarrhea JA: I'm sorry

Customer Question

he ate part of a bedspread and now has diarrhea
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. What is the dog's name and age?
Customer: lui and 2
JA: Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: there was a little blood in his stool today too
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using this site to help you.How much did he eat of the bedspread ? When did he eat it?Is the dog still eating and drinking? Has there been any vomiting?
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.
It seems you have gone offline. the possibility of an obstruction of a non food item would exist. With this you will see sudden lack of appetite, vomiting, diarrhea and lethargy. to correct this surgery would be needed.Another possibility is that the fabric is causing an irritant in the intestines as the dog tries to pass it. Your best bet is to get an x ray to see where the fabric is and if it is causing a problem. One thing you never want to do when a dog eats string or fabric etc. is to try to pull it from the anus if you see any part of it hanging out. At that point you need vet assistance.
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

Sally G.