PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue

My 8 month old lab/collie (30lbs) was foaming at the

Customer Question

Hello, my 8 month old lab/collie (30lbs) was foaming at the mouth for about 15 min while at the dog park. We came home a couple of hours ago and she has just been sleeping. Not interested in food and her stomach feels a little warm. Could this just be side effects of a possible run-in with a frog or something?
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thanks for your question. Can you give me some additional info?1) Have you seen any vomiting? 2) When was the last meal?3) Did you see her encounter a frog today? If so, how long ago? 4) In what state do you live?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No vomiting
Her last meal was about 18 hours ago.
Didn't see a frog.
Live in south tx
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Today at the dog park it was, however pretty muddy. Could've attracted reptilian wildlife
Thank you for the additional information. It will take me 10-20 minutes to type out a detailed response for you. You are welcome to wait, if you would like. The website will also generate an email for you once I have responded and you can revisit the chat with a link included in the email. After reading my response, if you have questions, you’re welcome to respond and I will help you further. Otherwise, once you’re satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to rate the assistance you’ve receive from me. This is how I will be compensated for my time.
I suspect that she may be dealing with some nausea of an unknown origin. That could certainly be from exposure to an amphibian. Fortunately, living in Southern Texas, there aren't any toads or frogs there that are toxic to dogs. Drooling is commonly the most common symptom both with exposure to toads/frogs and nausea (whether that's due to a exposure or not). You can give a daily dose of pepcid to reduce the drooling and nausea. and excitement from a dog park can also cause drooling, as well, but this should subside after she calms down. Keep an eye out for any GI changes such as vomiting, diarrhea, etc. Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today. Best of luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?