Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

I have a frenchie who has become fearful of car rides since

Customer Question

I have a frenchie who has become fearful of car rides since someone bumped the back of us and she was thrown off the seat. she used to tremble and shake and paint the entire journey. now it's just panting, like real short breaths. she's a frenchie and i worry about her over heating or something. its awful to see her so stressed. dog anxiety jacket helped slightly for a few days but then she went back to the same even with the jacket. dog seat belt made her like fight and struggle with it. i try to comfort her but nothing works. today we got stuck in traffic from san diego to vegas. i have to stop once an hour to walk her and let her have some calm time and play with her sisters, it took us ten hours today and I really felt like I can't cope with the situation its really stressful for me. her sisters are fine in the car and just fall asleep. she's exhausted but can't fall asleep because of the painting. i've tried sprays and calming treats but nothing works.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 6 months ago.
Hi Cadence, is this the only time she experiences issues? Just during car rides?