PitRottMommy
PitRottMommy, Veterinary Nurse
Experience:  15 yrs experience in vet med, 8 in emergency med. Founder of a non-profit animal rescue
8538164

I had to pull a puppy out n it was not breathing feet first

Customer Question

JA: I'm sorry to hear that. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: This is her first litter n very scared I think their is another one is their anything I can do to relax her?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) Is the puppy breathing now? 2) What problem can I help you with?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
No the puppy is not breathing..I'm concerned for the mom for think their is another one want to K of what I need to do
I'm going to offer a phone call to you, as it may be the fastest. I'm also working on a written reply in the event that you would rather not talk on the phone.
CPR for newborn puppies: http://www.peteducation.com/article.cfm?c=2+2108&aid=896Standby for more links
Caring for mom during delivery: http://www.petplace.com/article/dogs/keeping-your-dog-healthy/reproduction-breeding/normal-labor-and-delivery-in-the-dog
Video info on CPR and stimulating puppies at the time of birth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5f4XT4W934
There is only way to be sure that mom does not have any puppies left within her and that is by X-ray. If you become concerned that her labor is not progressing as it should, the ER is the best place to go. They can not only guide you with what to do, but can aid her in her delivery. Some mothers will require having a c-section to remove puppies from their body that they cannot otherwise deliver. Since mom has already delivered one stillborn puppy, we have to worry that more could be stillborn as well. Once you're satisfied with our dialogue, please take the time to issue a rating for me so that I am compensated for helping you today. Best of luck!

I'm just following up on our conversation about your pet. How is everything going?

PitRottMommy