Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ

He swallowed a small ball he seems fine I just concerned it

Customer Question

He swallowed a small ball he seems fine I just concerned it want pass thru
JA: I'm sorry to hear that. The Veterinarian will know if the dog will be able to digest that. Anything else I can tell the Veterinarian before I connect you two?
Customer: dog is like a dashound mixed breed
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Veterinarian about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Dog
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for using this site to help you. What size was the ball?When did he eat it?Did he chew it to pieces?Did he eat the whole thing at once, meaning in one sitting?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
about 1 inch ,2 hours ago, no he did not chew it, he put it in his mouth and I believe he ate and swallowed the thing whole
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi are you there,
Expert:  Sally G. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for that information. The chances of him passing it is slim if he is a Dachshund. I would suggest that you see a vet tonight and see if they can get it out with a scope if it has not passed through the stomach to the intestines yet. Otherwise you are likely looking at surgery for an obstruction. It is too late for you to try to make the dog vomit safely. Symptoms of a blockage are sudden lack of appetite, vomiting. diarrhea and lethargy. You want to make sure the dog is breathing okay as well