Dr. Gary, Dog Veterinarian
Experience:  DVM, Emergency Veterinarian; BS (Physiology) Michigan State Univ
15010675

My dog loves dream bones and I'm wondering if they can have

Customer Question

My dog loves dream bones and I'm wondering if they can have harmful effects.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: he went to the vets for his yearly shots and was sick afterwards. at first I thought the shots made him sick but when I checked out dream bones on the internet some people said they could make your dog sick--mainly because they are made with sorbitol. should I discontinue giving them to him. I hate to because he loves them and is a very fussy eater.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Pet Specialists generally expect a deposit of about $19 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Dog
Expert:  PitRottMommy replied 8 months ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. It appears that the Expert you were hoping to speak with is not currently available. I have stepped in to assist you in their absence so that you have a prompt reply to your question. Is it possible for me to obtain some additional information from you about your companion?1) How old is your dog? 2) What symptoms did you see? 3) Does he have any known food sensitivities?